Statement of Institutional Strategic Goals
- Build upon Western’s strengths to address critical needs in the State of Washington.
- Expand student access and opportunities in baccalaureate and graduate education.
- Foster and promote life-long learning and success in an ever-changing world.
- Apply Western’s expertise and collaborative approach to scholarship, creativity, and research in ways that strengthen communities beyond the campus.
- Serve as a model for institutional effectiveness, innovation, diversity, and sustainability.
- Exceptional faculty and students engaged in leading edge intellectual inquiry.
- Liberal arts are the core strength of our academic programs.
- High quality academic programs are central to our mission.
- A place to build professional skills and abilities.
- Research, scholarship, and creative endeavor are fundamental to the Western experience.
- An environment that welcomes and embraces diversity.
- Committed to open, passionate, and civil discourse, leading to transparent and well-informed decision-making.
- Responsible stewards of resources.
- Distinguished by a sense of place and community.
- A collaborative environment where faculty, staff, and students contribute to the mission of the University.
- Bringing the world to Washington and Washington to the world.