Welcome to the Academic Advising Center. You have made an important first step in your academic career at Western by visiting us. We encourage students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a year to ensure good progress towards academic goals and to stay current on policies and opportunities. Professional Advisors and Peer Advisors in the Academic Advising Center can help students with a wide range of topics, including: course selection and registration, GUR progress, choosing a major/minor, and understanding Western's academic policies.
We are open through the summer!
- Continuing Western students—call to schedule an appointment. We also offer phone or Skype appointments.
- New fall transfer students
- If you attended Transitions and you have questions, please contact us.
- If you were unable to attend Transitions, we will be happy to help you prepare for fall registration. Please call us to schedule an advising appointment.
- New fall freshmen
- If you were unable to attend Summerstart, we look forward to seeing you at Fall Advising & Orientation.
- If you attended Summerstart and you have questions, please contact us.
Phase I May 13-July 3
Phase II begins September 2nd at 8:00am
Academic Tools & Resources
Old Main 380
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(except for holidays)