The Major Exploration Process:
Are you ready to evaluate your narrowed list of possible majors?
Evaluate Your Options
- How do each of these majors relate to my academic strengths?
- What are the academic requirements for these major(s)/minor interests?
- What types of jobs are associated with these particular majors/concentrations?
If you're curious about employment opportunities in these fields, talk with professors and/or staff in the Career Services Center.
- Utilize career resources including:
- Conduct informational interviews
- Consider finding on-campus and other part-time employment, including an internship or co-op
- Consider volunteer/community service work or service learning opportunities
- Attend career fairs and other networking events
- Consult career resource books in the Career Services Library
Next: Select a Major and Make a Plan
Academic Tools & Resources
Math Placement Test
Online Advising Videos
General Univ. Req. (GUR)
GUR Checklist 2013-14
Viking Advisor 2013-14:
Registration & Planning Guide
Old Main 380
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(except for holidays)