Welcome to the Academic Advising Center. You have made an important first step in your academic career at Western by visiting us. We encourage students to meet with an academic advisor at least once a year to ensure good progress towards academic goals and to stay current on policies and opportunities. Professional Advisors and Peer Advisors in the Academic Advising Center can help students with a wide range of topics, including: course selection and registration, GUR progress, choosing a major/minor, and understanding Western's academic policies.
Academic Advising is here to help you-please come see us!
- By appointment (call or stop by the office to schedule)
- Walk-in appointments are available Monday-Friday 11am-2pm on a first come-first serve basis, during fall, winter and spring quarters. Walk-in appointments are 15 minutes.
- Drop-in appointments Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Spring quarter is just around the corner and now is a great time to seek advising for course planning. It is recommended that students register for 14-16 credits each quarter (exceptions do apply).
Would you like help envisioning and planning your steps from College to Career?
Attend the upcoming College to Career Workshop
Wednesday, April 12; 3-4:30pm, Haggard Hall 101
In this workshop students will have the opportunity to:
- Connect values, interests and strengths with careers
- Learn about networking and how to make professional connections
- Explore resources to search for jobs and reach out to WWU alums
Do you need help Choosing or Declaring a Major? Attend an interactive workshop!
Choosing a Major Workshop
April 25: 3-4:30pm
Academic West 306
Do you know how to Declare your Major? Attend a Drop-In Lab!
Declaring a Major Drop-In Lab
April 26; 3-4:30pm
Haggard Hall 101
Academic Tools & Resources
Registrar's Important Dates
Math Placement Test
Western's Majors and Minors (Programs of Study)
Online Advising Videos
General Univ. Req. (GUR)
Registration & Planning Guide
Transfer Course Equivalency Guide
Upper Division Courses with Easier Access
Update your Academic Interest