Information for Students Interested in Occupational Therapy
You can find more information about occupational therapy at the American Occupational Therapy Association website.
A Listing of the accredited programs in occupational therapy can be found at the AOTA website.
Prerequisites for entry into a graduate program in OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
To be competitive for entry into a masters program in occupational therapy, students must complete an undergraduate degree, complete a specified set of prerequisites and obtain hours in the field working with occupational therapy professionals. To meet the requirements for a number of programs, students complete:
- 1-3 courses in general chemistry (Chem 121, 122, 123),
- 1-3 courses in general physics (Physics 114, 115, 116),
- anatomy and physiology (Bio 348, 349),
- statistics (Math 240 or KIN 307)
- 3-4 courses in psychology (Psych 101, Psych 230, 250)
- General sociology course
- 100-400 hours of clinical experience
If your question isn't answered here, please contact Sherena.Geariety@wwu.edu to be directed to an advisor.