Information for Students Interested in Physician Assistant
You can find more information about physician assistant at the American Academy of Physician Assistants website.
See a listing of the accredited physician assistant programs
Prerequisites for entry into a graduate program in PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
To be competitive for entry into a masters program in physician assistant, students must complete an undergraduate degree, complete a specified set of prerequisites and obtain hours in the field working with medical professionals. To meet the requirements for a number of programs, students complete:
- 2-3 courses in general chemistry (Chem 121, 122, 123)
- 1-2 courses in organic chemistry (Chem 251, 351, 352, 353) OR 1 course in biochemistry (Chem 375)
- 1-2 courses in general physics (Physics 114, 115, 116),
- anatomy and physiology (Bio 348, 349),
- statistics (Math 240 or KIN 307)
- 2-3 courses in psychology (Psych 101, Psych 230 or 250)
- 1000+ hours of clinical experience
If your question isn't answered here, please contact Sherena.Geariety@wwu.edu to be directed to an advisor.