As a Western graduate, your unique campus and career experience is a valuable resource for current students and other alumni. Create an Ask! profile to become a mentor and help students explore their academic and career options. You’ll also be able to connect with fellow alumni and discover networking opportunities for yourself.
Become an Ask! Mentor
As a volunteer mentor for the Ask! program, you decide how much time to commit. You can turn your profile off when you’re unable to respond to Ask! inquiries.
Your Responsibilities as an Ask! Mentor
- Maintain a current mentor profile and email address.
- Promptly respond to student and alumni emails seeking you as a mentor.
- Be clear on where, when and how you and your mentee will meet. If connecting by phone, who will place the call?
- If you can’t keep an appointment, reschedule with as much notice as possible.
- Communicate honestly and respectfully with students, alumni and staff.
- Be patient with students and alumni at different stages of their academic or professional development.
- Represent Western Washington University and the Ask! program with integrity.
Search for Ask! Mentors
As an alumnus/alumna, you can search mentor profiles in the Ask! database to find career information and networking opportunities. Use the search tools to find mentors with employers, careers or geographic areas of interest to you. You don’t have to create a mentor profile unless you want to. Anyone registered for the Ask! program can view and contact mentors.
Stay Connected and Informed
Ask! mentors will receive updates about the program through an e-newsletter sent every spring and fall. We’ll also send occasional emails about potential networking opportunities, speaking engagements and other events of professional interest.