AMSEC Instrument Scheduling
The AMSEC Instrument Scheduler is used to reserve these pieces of equipment: Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC), Porosimeter, Thermal Gravimetric Analysis (TGA), Denton Evaporator (EVAP), Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (ICPMS), Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) and the X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD).
AMSEC instrumentation can be reserved online using Facilities Online Manager (FOM). Once a user creates an account with FOM they will be able to:
- make online reservations for instrumentation
- schedule instrument training
- communicate with staff
Creating User Account on FOM
- Use link at the top of this page (green Online Instrument Reservation button). This will take you to the WWU portal for FOM.
- Select “Click here to login with WWU ID if you are a member of WWU”. A WWU Universal Login page will open. Enter your Western credentials here.
- Fill out the User Registration* form and select submit. * Faculty and Research Associates select youself as your supervisor.
- Once you have entered the required budget information select “User Home" from the navigation panel on the left. This will take you the User Home page where you will see a list of Available Instruments on the right. Registration is not complete until you apply to use an instrument. Select the desired instrument(s) from the list on the right. Only apply for those instruments you intend use. Note: If the account warning window persists, log out of FOM and log back in and then go to the User Home page.
- A message will be sent to staff and your account activated. Once activated you will see the requested instrument names listed on the left side of the User Home page.