Building your resume with specific skills and experience is essential to finding a job that will lead you to a career in Anthropology. By creating an internship that suits you and your interests specifically, you can maximize your opportunities to have a greater chance of long term career success and satisfaction. Below is a list of books and resources that can help you gain the skills to develop an internship within a specific discipline of Anthropology
Web and Internet Sources for Anthropology Majors
DVD-Multimedia Sources for Anthropology Majors
- Two DVDs on careers in anthropology (available from AAA)
- "Anthropology -- Real People, Real Careers" on DVD can be viewed by students in the Anthropology Office (AH315) during business hours, M-F between 9am-4pm
Books about Internships
- Donovan, Craig P., and James L. Garnett. 2001. Internships for dummies. --For dummies. New York, N.Y.: Hungry Minds.
- Fedorko, Jamie. 2006. The intern files: how to get, keep, and make the most of your internship. New York: Simon Spotlight Entertainment.
- Russell-Chapin, Lori A., and Allen E. Ivey. 2004. Your supervised practicum and internship: field resources for turning theory into action. Australia: Thomson/Brooks/Cole.
- Sides, Charles H., and Ann Mrvica. 2007. Internships: theory and practice. Fitchburg, Mass: Fitchburg State College.
- Sweitzer, H. Frederick, and Mary A. King. 1999. The successful internship: transformation and empowerment. Pacific Grove: Brooks/Cole Pub.
Books about Anthropology Careers
- Camenson, Blythe. 2004. Great Jobs for Anthropology Majors, VGM Career Horizons.
- Gwynne, Margaret A. 2002. Anthropology Career Resources Handbook. Allyn and Bacon.
- Nolan, Riall W. 2002. Anthropology in Practice: Building a Career Outside the Academy (Directions in Applied Anthropology, Lynne Riener.
- Omohundro, John. 2000 Careers in Anthropology. McGraw-Hill.
- Stephens, W. Richardt. 2001. Careers in Anthropology. Allyn and Bacon.
- Briller, Sherylyn H. and Goldmacher, Amy . 2009. Designing an Anthropology Career, Professional Development Exercises.
Alta Mira Press.