Frequently Asked Questions
- What are public records?
- What is a valid public records request?
- How does one make a request?
- To whom should a request be made?
- Must all university records without deletions be provided in a public records request?
- What is the university's response time?
- Is a public records request confidential?
- What if the responsive records include documents that should have been destroyed in accordance with the retention schedule?
- Are there costs connected with a public records request?
- Can an employee make a public records request for his or her personnel file?
- Can a student make a public records request for his or her own student education records?
- Should a university department that wants information or documents from another university department go through the Public Records Office for those records?
- Do you still have questions about the public records process?
- What protocol does WWU follow for litigation holds of electronic documents?
Page Updated 07.06.2010