Transport Services mission is to take care of the transport of goods and furnishings on the WWU campus and among its satellite offices. We also facilitate the moving of offices and labs from and within different buildings.
We strive to provide services that are timely and carried out with care, efficiency. pride and with the least amount of inconvenience to our customers.
4-Weeks Prior to Moving:
- Establish a Move Coordinator to liaise with the departments involved e.g. Telecommunications, Facilities, ATUS, etc.
- Request packing boxes, tape, & dispensers from Space Administration x5479.
- Pack all books, files, documents, folders, etc that will not be required until after moving.
- Empty only lateral file cabinets. Letter & legal size cabinets can be moved full.
- Color tag all boxes and furniture with names and new room numbers. Different colors for each new location makes moving easier.
- Use a scaled drawing to lay out your new office with positions of desks, tables, file cabinets, etc. This will assist us in setting up your office.
- Sequentially number all multiple pieces of furniture.
- Advise the Physical Plant of any fixtures, furniture, pictures, etc that will require disassembly on the day before moving.
2-Weeks Prior to Moving:
- Request additional packing boxes if necessary.
- Continue packing books, documents, folders, files, etc.
1-Week Prior to Moving:
- Pack all personal and desktop items, empty all desk drawers.
1-Day Prior to Moving:
- Pack your keyboard, mouse, speakers, telephone, small plants, & transport them to your new location together with personal and fragile belongings e.g. the macaroni picture frame, or the urn with Aunt Phoebe’s ashes!
- Ensure that the Physical Plant has disassembled fixtures and furniture.
The Day of Moving:
- Tape a copy of the office lay out on the door or entrance wall of the new office.
- Wait at your new location to unpack boxes as they arrive. Flatten empty boxes and set aside for Transport Services to pick up at a later time or date.
Remember to pack up common facilities e.g. meeting and break rooms etc.
Transport personnel will do weekly follow-ups to monitor progress and to provide help and suggestions as required.
Transport personnel will also be happy to assist in moving furniture around in the new offices after the whole move has been completed.
We look forward to working with you and making your transition as smooth and stress free as possible.