Unacceptable use of Western's PCard include, but are not limited to:
- Gas/fuel for automobile owned by the University.
- Pawn shops.
- Personal use items (purchases must be for the official use of the University).
- Personal or Client Services: Independent contractors, performer, consultants, and speakers.
- Used Equipment: must be evaluated by appraisal or market study.
- Cash advances
- Purchases in excess of the limits authorized for the card
- Splitting purchases to circumvent the daily or monthly purchase limits on a card, or to avoid competitive bidding limits or purchasing authority limits
- Purchases between internal departments within an agency, unless prior written approval is received from OFM based on the requirements in Subsection 40.40.10
- Except as noted below, purchases between state agencies. For interagency payments, the preferred payment method is Inter-Agency Payment (IAP). Journal vouchers may also be used to transfer funds between state agencies. Refer to Subsection 85.36.20. Exceptions to this are as follows:
- Prepayments unless otherwise authorized by statute or rule. Refer to Subsection 45.20.35
- Purchases from any merchant, product, or service normally considered to be inappropriate use of state funds, including, but not limited to:
- Items for personal use
- Materials or services from any member of the card user's immediate family
- Equipment, materials, services, or supplies restricted by state statues, rule, policies, procedures, guidelines or contractual agreements
- Alcoholic beverages or liquor licenses, unless permitted by stature or rule
Your PCard CANNOT be used to purchase the follow items:
Purchases/Services provided through University Departments, you must contact departments below for their services.
- All printing, copying, graphics, and copying including book binding and copy machines, ext 3914.
- Facility Maintenance and Repair, ext 3749.
- Telecommunications, All telecommunication, and data products, telephones, pre-paid phone cards and connection devices, contact ext 3600.
- Vehicles, to use University-owned vehicles for travel in the Northwest area, Motor Pool Office, ext 3413.
Blocked Merchant Category Codes (MCC):
The following items are just a few items that are automatically restricted through the bank and transaction will be declined:
- Cash advance.
- Travel related expenses: Airline tickets, hotels/lodging, travel agencies, and car rental.
- Transportation Services: Passenger rail, rental car, taxi, shuttle services, limousine services.
- 4829 Wire transfer – Money Orders.
- 6050 Electronic Cash Withdrawal.
- 6051 Non-Financial Institutions - Foreign Currency, Money Orders (not wire transfer), and Travelers Checks.
- 6211 Security Brokers/Dealers.
- 6760 Savings Bonds.
For complete information on SAAM Chapter 45, Purchase Card Program refer to: http://www.ofm.wa.gov/policy/45.htm
For questions about the Purchasing PCard Guidelines, contact the PCard Administrator, x2080.