Fuel Card Program
Who to Contact
Brenda Ancheta, Fuel Card Administrator
Comdata Customer Services
Emergency Roadside Assistance: 1-800-226-3860
Bio-Diesel Location Listing Now Available
The State of Washington General Administration has now compiled a list of biodiesel locations within Washington which accepts Comdata Fleet Cards. If your fleet vehicle uses diesel, please consider using biodiesel from one of these vendors.
Fuel Discount Locations: http://www.ga.wa.gov/pca/Card/FuelDiscountLocations.xls
On-Site Fuel Card Reviews
To comply with regulations, the Western Accounts Payable Department is in the process of on site Fuel Card Reviews. The Travel Desk staff will contact card custodians individually to arrange a time for the review. This is a good time to double-check your process, make sure your receipts are reconciled to the various invoices we’ve already paid, and gather questions/concerns you’d like to discuss. Below is the review check list. Please feel free to use it for a self-evaluation of your files and prepare for the official review.
- Does the card custodian have any questions/concerns?
- Are all cards accounted for and securely stored?
- Are card custodians on record for dept. correct?
- Is card user information accurate and inclusive?
- Is card user list/agreement on file and accurate?
- Is card log sheet on file and accurate?
- Are receipts on file for card use?
- If receipts are missing are memos on file?
- Are receipts reconciled to monthly invoices?
- If any invoice problems was administrator notified?
- Are records retained filed and stored?
As a Comdata Card holder, you have access to nationwide Fleet Rescue roadside assistance. Should your vehicle become disabled, service is dispatched to assist you 24/7 with one simple phone call to 800-226-3860. Any necessary services will be billed directly to your Comdata Card, with no out-of-pocket expense required. Services available include:
- Jump Starts
- Fuel Delivery
- Lockout Services
- Spare Tire Change
- Mechanical First Aid
The Fuel Card Program is to be used for purchases when using Western Vehicles or rented vehicles for Western business. Fuel cards may not be used to fuel personal cars even when conducting university business. Employees may request reimbursement for mileage if using personal vehicles. The following items are approved for purchase with the Fuel Card Program:
- Emergency Towing and Assistance
- Service and Maintenance
- Additives, such as motor oil, anti-freeze, wiper fluid, etc.
For Emergency Roadside Assistance call 1-800-226-3860. For questions about approved items or spending limits please contact your department's Card Custodian or Brenda Ancheta at x2080 or Brenda.Ancheta@wwu.edu.
Forms & Links
- Card Application
- Card Guidelines
- Card Log
- Departmental Card User List
- Lost Receipt Log (for Western fuel card use only)
- Roadside Assistance Flyer