Contract Administration's mission is to make sure that all affected areas in the University are aware of a new contract and to ensure the interests of the University are properly addressed. Contract Administration deals with a wide variety of contracts, from major property purchases to one-night speaking engagements. Each contract is routed a little differently.
In general, a contract will be signed faster if:
- Contract is prepared using Contractor's contract or Western Template.
- All background documents are obtained.
- The initiating department starts an esign routing sheet, available here.
- The Chair/Dean/Director and/or the area Vice President should review the agreement and sign the routing sheet.
- The department should then forward the agreement and signed Routing Sheet to Contract Administration.
- Contract Administration will review the agreement and stage it for Risk Management, and Assistant Attorney General (AAG) for review and signature.
- Once approved, Contract Administration will sign or obtain signature from a University authorized signatory.
Contracts Review and Approval Process