WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY WEBSITE
USER TERMS & CONDITION
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS: Welcome to this website. Use of this Website is voluntary. You should carefully read these Terms & Conditions before using this Website. These terms and conditions may be updated periodically by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.
To accommodate changes to this Website, changing technology, and legal developments, we have the sole discretion to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time without any prior notice to you or liability on our part. New versions of these Terms and Conditions will be posted here. Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of these Terms and Conditions in effect at that time. Accordingly, when you use this Website, WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY recommends that you review these Terms and Conditions of use periodically for any updates.
By using this Website, you also consent to the collection and use of your non-personal information and your personally identifiable information (“PII”) as described in WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s (LINK) Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement governs only the use and disclosure of information collected through this Website.
- PROHIBITED USES AND BEHAVIOR: You are responsible for your behavior in your use of this Website and for respecting WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s and any third parties’ (person or entity) rights in connection with this Website and its content.
You may not use this Website for any purpose other than as intended or in any manner that violates any local, state or federal law or regulation.
You may not violate WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s or third parties’ rights when using this Website.
You may not use this Website to post or send any infringing, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene or pornographic material.
You may not use or exploit any portion of this Website to distribute commercial messages, “spam,” or other unsolicited communications.
You may not directly or indirectly, intentionally disrupt or interfere with this Website in any manner that may adversely affect WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY or any third party or in any way compromise the integrity of this Website.
You may not take any action that imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s network infrastructure, as determined by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY in its sole discretion.
You may not bypass any measures WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY may use to prevent or restrict access to this Website.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: Use of this Website is solely at your own risk. This Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and is a valuable tool of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY encourages users to be mindful of the intent and purpose of this Website and to be responsible for the safeguarding of his or her own personally identifiable information. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to this Website, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY expressly disclaims any responsibility for the actions of any other user of this Website. Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY makes no warranty that this Website will meet your requirements and, although we strive to provide a quality Website, we make no warranty that the services provided through this Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, current, accurate, complete or error-free, or that the results that may be obtained by your use of this Website will be accurate or reliable. You understand and acknowledge that your sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any defect in or dissatisfaction with the site is to cease use of this Website. You may have other rights which may vary from state to state.
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION: We may use a User’s personal information to contact and correspond with the User, to respond to a User’s inquiries, to process transactions and payments, and to facilitate and enhance the use of this Website. We may develop a confidential customer profile for a User, which will be used for, among other things, improving services provided on this Website.
We respect our Users’ privacy and will not sell, rent, or abuse customer information. (Will we use it to promote our own items of interest? Do we need to talk about methods of unsubscribing?)
- LINKED SITES: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY may provide links on this Website to other sites of interest. A User’s use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements and the terms and conditions of the providers of those websites. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY encourages Users to be aware when leaving this Website and to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of each website a User visits through a link on this Website.
Links to other websites provided by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY are provided for the Users’ convenience only and are not an endorsement of that site by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked website, and a User’s use of any linked website is done entirely at his or her own risk.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: It is expressly understood and agree by the use of this Website that WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, or the use of any service or equipment, data loss, or other losses (even if advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from any matter related to the use of this Website.
- DISCLAIMER OF THIRD PARTY ACTIONS: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY assumes no responsibility or liability to the Website user for the consequences of any act or omission of any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are an institution of higher education of the State of Washington and assume liability only to the extent allowed by the State of Washington.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: This Website and its contents are owned by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY or third parties and are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. Certain content, such as copyrighted materials and trademarks, are used by permission of third parties. All users of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s Internet services are expected to comply with all state and federal laws including copyright laws. Except as allowed by law (such as Fair Use) or as expressly permitted in connection with specific content, this Website and its content may not be reproduced, modified, distributed, displayed, performed, or used in any way without the prior written permission of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY or the third-party owner. Allegations of copyright infringement by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY website users that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title II, Section 512(c)(3) should be reported to the Vice Provost’s office and will be investigated as appropriate. If WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY determines that any users have infringed on the copyrights of others on a repeat basis, the offending user's access to online services may be terminated. WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY reserves the right to choose how to address or respond to any allegation of copyright infringement received including, without limitation, the choice of any defense under applicable law.
All rights and goodwill in WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s name, logo and other identifying marks are the exclusive property of the WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.
- USE OF WEBSITE BY MINORS: This Website is not intended for use by minors (those children under the age of 18). Parents and legal guardians are responsible for use of the Internet by their children; children should be discouraged from sending any information about themselves over the Internet. If you are using this Website, you are representing that you are an adult (age 18 or over). Minors are encouraged to seek permission and assistance from their parent or legal guardian prior to disclosing any personally identifiable information via the Internet. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are prohibited from using this Website without the assistance of a parent or legal guardian.
- TERMINATION OF WEBSITE USE FOR CONVENIENCE OR CAUSE: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, in its sole discretion, may terminate for either cause or for convenience to WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, the use of this Website by any User(s). WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY may, without notice, terminate this Website, in whole or in part when it is in the best interest of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY. If further use of the Website by a User is so terminated by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, the Website User remains liable for payment due on services ordered or requested by the User prior to Termination or for any goods delivered to the User as a result of Website use by the User prior to the effective date of Termination.
- TERMINATION OF INDIVIDUAL USE FOR CAUSE: WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY may block, suspend or terminate the use of this Website by any User at any time, for any reason, in its sole discretion. Reasons WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY may do so include, but are not limited to, a breach by the User of these Terms and Conditions of Use; an inability by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY to verify or authenticate any information that a User provides to WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY; a belief by WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY that a User’s actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY or other users of this Website; routine network maintenance affecting all users; or any use of this Website in a manner that violates the law or any policies of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The obligations of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY incurred by operation of this Website shall be suspended and excused if its performance is prevented or delayed by acts of nature, earthquakes, fire, flood, or the elements, malicious mischief, insurrection, riots, strikes, lockouts, boycotts, picketing, labor disturbances, war, compliance with any directive, order or regulation of any governmental authority or representative thereof made under claim or color of authority, loss or shortage of any part of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY’s own or customary transportation or delivery facilities, or for any reason beyond the control of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, whether or not similar to the foregoing, including but not limited to a loss of funding which affects website administration or any of the obligations generated by this Website.
- JURISDICTION AND VENUE: This agreement and the relationship between Users of this Website and WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. Any venue with respect to any dispute between a User and WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY will rest exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Whatcom County, Washington.
- MISCELLANEOUS: These Website Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between Website Users and WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY relating to this Website. There is no agency, partnership or joint venture relationship between any user and WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY created by the use of this Website. These Website Terms and Conditions of use are binding upon a User’s successors, assigns, heirs and executors. If any provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction over this agreement, the invalidity of any such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to these Website Terms and Conditions of Use (must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arises. The section titles of these Website Terms and Conditions of Use are for convenience only and do not change the substantive meaning of the clause with which it is associated.
- RETURNS AND REFUNDS:
(Please note: I made these up; if anyone knows of the actual policy of WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, it should go here. If there isn’t one consistent policy and it will be developed on a case-by-case Emarket site basis, then let’s eliminate it here but be sure to add it back in for each site based on their input, type of use, and policies.)
Any return and refund policy for goods or service offered through the website of an individual department within WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY is established by the WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY department that is offering the goods or service. Each website will include its policy on its website.