Metering US Mail
Last Collection boxes are emptied M-F for small amounts of mail. There are 5 boxes located on campus with their pickup times:
|1:45pm||College Hall (High St door, turn right)|
|2:30pm||Miller Hall, Room 160A
Old Main, 2nd floor
Parks Hall, 2nd floor lobby
Arntzen Hall, 3rd floor sky bridge
|3:00pm||333 32nd St, lobby|
Last mail of the day goes out at 3:00pm from the Commissary.
Preparing Mail for metering
- Each mail piece must have a return address
- Use self-adhesive barcodes on your mail pieces to help us track expenses. If you need these, contact us
- Standard letters do not have to be sealed as this can happen at the time of metering
- Larger envelopes can be sealed at the time of metering if pre-glued.
- Pieces exceeding ¾” in thickness cannot be sealed automatically on the metering equipment. They should be sealed prior to giving them to Mail Services.
- Self Mailers or booklets to international addresses should be placed in a sealed envelope with the country name in capital letters as the bottom line of the address.
- Place mail in container for pickup
- Place pieces facing in same direction for fastest metering
- Request postal containers they day before mailing if you are preparing a large mailing: use Trays for letters and Buckets for larger types.
- Request a special Mail pick up for large items or large quantities that do not fit in your mail bag. Call x3770 before noon for same day pick up service