Know Your Transporation Expense Types!
- Gas: Available for refueling rental vehicles. Requires a receipt.
- Mileage: Available when using a personal vehicle for your travel. Please use the current Washington State Mileage rate, enter the miles in the “Unit” field, and enter a brief description to explain the mileage calculation. (i.e. Bellingham to Seattle Round Trip.)
- Ground Transportation: Buses, trains, rental cars require receipts. Taxis & shuttles do not require a receipt.
- Miscellaneous: Ferries, boat transportation, bike taxis (plus other non-transportation related miscellaneous expenses.) Requires receipts over $50 per item per day.
- Airfare: Flight costs, including change fees. Requires receipt and itinerary.
What is a Miscellaneous Expense?
Miscellaneous travel expenses do not require receipts if less than $50 per item per day.
Allowable “Miscellaneous” expenses include but are not limited to:
- Bridge Tolls (not HOV tolls)
- Baggage Fees