Western and the Business Forum
The WWU Foundation presents an annual Bellingham Business Forum featuring a noted business leader as keynote speaker. This event brings together corporate and civic leaders, alumni, and parents and friends who are interested in the University and business trends.
The purpose of the Forum is to raise vital scholarship dollars for deserving students entering Western from Whatcom County. As the cost of higher education continues to rise, scholarships have a profound impact on a student’s ability to not only attend college, but to excel in their chosen field of study. Scholarships afford students financial peace of mind so they can take advantage of the numerous engagement opportunities on campus and get the most from their Western experience.
Western is committed to providing deserving students access to a quality education. Through sponsorship of the Forum, you make it possible for an outstanding Whatcom County student to take advantage of Western’s resources right in their own backyard.
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings Show Western as Top Public Master's-Granting School in Pacific Northwest
- MBA program again ranked in Top 100 worldwide
- Western ranks 8th on EPA green energy list of Top 20 higher-education purchasers of renewable power
Western students are accomplishing amazing things on campus, in the local community and throughout the world.
- Western tops all U.S. universities in Progressive Automotive X PRIZE competition
- WWU Awarded Outstanding Delegation at National Model United Nations in New York City
- WWU Recognized for Alumni Peace Corps Volunteers; Ranks Third on List of Medium-Sized Universities
- Dead Parrots Society wins 2010-2011 National College Improv Tournament
- Women’s Rowing captures seventh straight title at NCAA II Nationals
- Vikings win seventh GNAC All-Sports title with record point total
- Track and Field National Champions