Campus Recreation Services provides Intramural Sports as an opportunity for current students, faculty and staff as well as current students from university affiliates such as Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College to compete in a variety of organized competitive sports on the campus of Western Washington University. These programs exist to provide our participants with opportunities in:
- Personal development in a variety of programs of leisure activity
- Social interaction and the development of lasting relationships
- Leadership skills in directing group participation
- Voluntary participation, regardless of ability level, in an safe community
- Establishing positive attitudes toward recreational activity to carry with them past graduation
Summer Quarter Intramurals
Each league costs $60 per team. Click here for instructions on creating an IM Leagues account, signing up for an intramural sport, and paying for your team.
Read the rules for each intramural sport here.
Sign-ups for all Summer Quarter intramurals run from June 24 through July 2 and games begin on July 8. Please note that during Summer Quarter, we will be running an accelerated season, so soccer and kickball teams will play twice a week and 3-on-3 teams will play double-headers. For additional details about our intramurals, including schedules and sign-up information, please click on the IM Leagues logo to visit our page on IMLeagues.com.
Intramural Champions Photo Gallery
Congratulations to all our Fall Quarter intramural champions! Check out the photo gallery below of our winning teams:
Pictures of the winning teams from previous quarters can be found on our Facebook page by clicking here.
Participants of intramural sports at WWU should familiarize themselves with the following documents:
- Intramural Handbook (All participants must read)
- Common Questions (For team captains)
- Acknowledgement of Risk and Hold Harmless Agreement (Must be signed prior to participation)
Note: If your intramural team has games scheduled in the Student Recreation Center, non-members will have to pay for a single day pass or purchase a membership in order to enter the facility.