The Leek Family Job Preparation Award
DEADLINE: February 28, 2013
The Leek Family Job Preparation Award is a $1,000 gift certificate, job preparation, and celebration luncheon. One female and one male award recipient will receive a gift certificate to create a professional wardrobe to prepare for job seeking opportunities; special assistance by the Career Services Center to prepare for job searches, interviews, and connections with alumni; and a celebration luncheon with the donor and WWU Alumni.
Two (2) awards are offered each year.
TO APPLY: Login to Viking CareerLink, click on 'Search Jobs & Internships,' and type "Leek" into the keyword box.
- Annual awards of $1,000 (in gift certificates) to one male and one female student with financial need who is African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Latino/Hispanic, or Native American.
- Intent to graduate from WWU in Spring or Summer quarter 2013
- Degree application and/or evaluation required
- Student must have a minimum of $1000 of financial need. Financial need is based on information submitted on the 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -- The Scholarship Center in Old Main 275 is available if you need help.
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
- Community and/or campus leadership
- 1-2 page essay discussing degree and career aspirations, the relevance of applicant's degree to themselves and/or society, and how this award will assist with those aspirations
- ASK! registration
- Viking CareerLink registration
- Degree application and/or evaluation
- Appointment with Career Counselor in the Career Services Center to discuss career action plan
TO APPLY: Login to Viking CareerLink, click on 'Search Jobs & Internships,' and type "Leek" in the keyword box.
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Interviews
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Reference Files
- Employment & Salary Information
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students
Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising