Spring Career Fair 2014Registration Open Now!
April 24, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
About the Spring Career Fair
Sponsored by WWU's Career Services Center, this fair is open to students from all majors in search of career-focused internships and/or full-time, post-graduate positions.
As a participating employer, you will:
- Meet hundreds of highly motivated candidates for career and internship positions
- Fill your talent pipeline with resumes from qualified students and soon-to-be graduates
- Increase awareness of your organization at Western through event participation and promotion
- Expand your recruiting network by connecting with students, staff, faculty and representatives from other companies
Registration and Amenities
Your $300 registration fee includes:
- 3 x 6 table at the event
- 1 vehicle parking permit (additional parking can be purchased during registration or on site)
- Hospitality service (coffee, tea, water)
- 2 lunches
- Promotion of your company/positions prior to the event
- Interview rooms following the fair as needed*
*Please request electricity and interview rooms upon registration, as there is limited availability.
How to Register
Pre-registration is required for this event and will be available through Viking CareerLink, our online job posting and employer database. In addition to providing easy event registration, Viking CareerLink also allows you to post job and internship opportunities as they become available.
As you plan ahead to attend the career fair, please include posting your open positions as part of that process. Students will be researching career options prior to meeting you and will be eager to learn about internship and employment opportunities within your organization. (Positions should be posted two weeks prior to the event to benefit from our promotional efforts.)
Please note: The Career Services Center may need to be selective when determining which employers are to be represented at special events such as job fairs. Decisions will be made in a fair and equitable manner after considering factors such as space availability, student interest in employer/industry, industry balance, and employer position within the industry.
An auto-generated registration confirmation email from Viking CareerLink (Symplicity) should arrive within two days of your completed registration. If you do not receive this email confirmation, you may not be registered for the career fair. Please contact our office at 360.650.3240.
The contact person who registers online for the career fair will receive additional information from Career Services regarding event details and logistics and will be responsible for passing it on to all attendees. For your convenience, this information can also be found below.
Your organization will be included in our pre-event publicity, including an online list of participating employers with website links. We will also provide a full directory of employers to students attending the fair.
Career Services will conduct outreach to students, staff and faculty prior to the event to let them know you are participating, what positions you have posted in Viking CareerLink, and whether or not you plan to conduct on-campus interviews following the fair. (Positions should be posted at least two weeks prior to the event to benefit from our promotional efforts.)
You are also welcome to place an ad in the career fair section of the Western Front student newspaper. Contact your friendly Western Front sales representative to discuss options and pricing.
To further promote your company to students, you may also donate one or more items for a door prize. It's a known fact that students love free stuff!
Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
Western Washington University
The Best Western Lakeway Inn is a friendly, close and affordable option. Visit their website for additional information on room rates and availability.
Driving Directions to Parking Lot 12A/C
When approaching Bellingham from the north or south on I-5
- Take Exit #252, marked Samish Way and W.W.U. and follow Western Washington University direction signs to Bill McDonald Parkway.
- Northbound: turn left onto Samish Way, and left again over I-5, stay in left lane
- Southbound: turn right onto Samish Way, and then get in left lane immediately
- Turn Left on Byron Avenue, which turns into Bill McDonald Parkway.
- Turn Right at South College Drive and head toward the large gravel parking lots.
- Lot 12A/C will be on the right.
- Wave to your friendly Career Services representative, who will distribute parking passes and help you with your cargo.
Your registration includes one Career Fair parking permit for lot 12A/C. See a WWU Parking Map
If you choose to have multiple drivers, the first vehicle to arrive from your organization will receive the permit. Additional drivers can purchase parking during the registration process at the easy pay station in the lot upon arrival. Parking permits are $10 for the day.
Passenger and cargo shuttle service will be available from 9:15 a.m. – 11:00 before the fair, and again from 3:00 – 3:30 after the fair.
There will be no shuttle service during the event.
Should you need to leave the venue during the fair, you can catch the city bus right outside the Viking Union for a short ride. If it's not raining, you may prefer to take the scenic 15 minute walk across campus.
The Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room will be available for set up beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Coffee, tea and water service awaits you! Just follow the signs to our Employer Hospitality Room. Lunch will be on your table when you arrive. If extra lunches were ordered for your group, they will be there as well. Should you need anything else, there are lots of great food and beverage options nearby.
You may notice that we are working on generating as little waste as possible at our events. Please keep your eyes peeled for one of our handy Recycling stations and sort your paper, glass and plastic. Western (and Mother Nature!) will appreciate your efforts.
Because the fair ends at 3:00, we ask that you do not pack up your table prior to that time.
If you have questions about anything you see here, please contact the Career Services Center at 360.650.3240 and we will be more than happy to help.
Hope to see you here!
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Interviews
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Reference Files
- Employment & Salary Information
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students
Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising