Career Services is happy to provide services to employers, recruiters, and representatives of educational programs who are actively hiring/recruiting for career-related internships, full-time post-graduate positions or admission to accredited educational programs. If time, space and staffing issues permit, limited services are also available to approved organizations recruiting for career-focused, part-time and/or seasonal positions.
Employers, recruiters and representatives of educational programs not eligible to recruit through Career Services include:
- Employers/Recruiters hiring for commission only positions
- Employers/Recruiters hiring for Brand Ambassador positions or any position requiring student to student sales, recruitment, leafleting, etc.
- Employers/Recruiters who require students to purchase franchises or engage in multi-level marketing, or require a "startup" investment
- Employers/Recruiters seeking to hire for seasonal and part-time positions not judged to benefit students in obtaining career jobs or opportunities that academic departments have indicated are not of interest to students
- Employers/Recruiters who are involved in strikes and are hiring for positions which are included in the affected bargaining units
- Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs who have been judged by a court of law in the United States to be engaged in illegal activities
- Employers/Recruiters who want to post any position related to the adult entertainment industry
- Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs who fail to meet the conditions of the recruitment guidelines identified below
It is the expectation of WWU Career Services that Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs utilizing campus facilities or services provided by our office adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Equal Employment Opportunity
Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disAbility, marital status, or status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran is prohibited and will not be tolerated. Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs must comply with Equal Employment Opportunity principles at all times and provide reasonable accommodations upon request.
Should your organization's policies--including, but not limited to, codes of conduct--not be as inclusive as WWU's, please contact the Career Services Center to discuss alternatives.
Employment/recruitment professionals will maintain confidentiality of student/alumni information regardless of the source and will not release it to any other organization without the prior written consent of the student/alum.
3. Third Party Recruiters
Employment agencies, temporary agencies and search firms are eligible to utilize a limited selection of our services but MUST abide by the following guidelines:
- Positions advertised with the Career Center must clearly indicate that candidates will be working through a third party agency
- Position announcements MUST identify the client employer or at a minimum the employer's/recruiter's type of business, location and position duration.
- Third-party recruiters will disclose to students the name(s) of the client, or clients, that the third-party recruiter is representing and to whom the students' credentials will be disclosed
- Candidate's personal information may not be used for any other purpose other than to recruit for the client employer
- No recruitment for 100% commission positions or multi-level employer jobs or internships
- No upfront costs or fees should be associated with any position
- All unpaid internships must meet Federal Criteria
- All client employers must meet Equal Employment Opportunity standards and adhere to our Recruitment Policies
Space is limited! If your plans change, please contact the Career Services Center so that we may reschedule your event or recruiting activity. Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs who fail to give adequate notice when cancelling may lose their ability to recruit on-campus.
The Career Services Center may need to be selective when determining which Employers/Recruiters/Representatives of Educational Programs are represented at special events such as career fairs and other info fairs. Decisions will be made in a fair and equitable manner after considering factors such as space availability, the nature and number of employment and internship opportunities available, student interest in a particular employer, industry, or educational program, industry balance and employer position within its industry.
Principles for Professional Conduct
The Career Services Center at Western is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). As members, we abide by the Principles for Professional Conduct, an ethics document that serves as the framework and foundation for practices within the career planning, placement, and recruitment processes.
We encourage you to read the Principles for Professional Conduct document in its entirety for more information on appropriate recruiting practices.
[ Back to Top ]
- Current Jobs and Internships
- Job Search
- Interview Process
- On-Campus Recruiting
- International Opportunities
- Career Fairs
- Placement Files
- Employment & Salary Information
Graduate School & Preprofessional Advising
- Students with Disabilities
- Diversity Resources
- Students Without Documents
- International Students