Why is networking important?
Networking is a powerful tool to use in your internship and job search. Over 80% of all job openings are not advertised. Why? Most employers use their networks first (LinkedIn, Twitter, staff, friends) to identify potential candidates for their positions. According to a recent survey by the U.S. Department of Labor, networking accounts for at least 69% of all annual hires! By taking advantage of the links below you will be on your way to successfully networking for that internship or job!
- Managing your Online Presence
- 30 Second Elevator Speech
- Social Media Tips
- Informational Interviews are an important way to meet prospective employers and learn about the industry
- Network with the Career Services Center:
Facebook and Twitter, and Linked In
- Find more information on Linked In with guides to building a professional profile and tools to search for connections and jobs
- Guide to Business Cards
- College to Career Transition
- Resumes, Cover Letters & Portfolios
- Graduate School Advising
- Law School Advising
- Pre-Healthcare Advising