Winter Career Fair 2018
February 8, 2018
11 am to 3 pm
Wade King Rec Center MAC Gym
Why you should come!
Whether it is your first quarter at Western or your last, a career fair is an invaluable opportunity to work on networking skills, learn about employers and gather information about internships and jobs. Why go?
- To make a good (or GREAT!) first impression in person
- To get the name and information of a real human at an organization you may want to intern at or work for
- To learn more about employers than you can online
- To learn how real world jobs and internships are not organized by major and explore what students with your degree can do in various organizations
- To be considered for internships or jobs that they may currently have posted (do your research!)
- To practice your networking skills in person with people who interview and make hiring decisions
If there is even one organization or industry you are interested in, you have a reason to go!
The Career Services Center is excited to be including an STEM Section in this year’s Winter Career Fair on February 8th (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math). What does this mean for you?
- There will be a section featuring STEM industry employers or employers with STEM internships or jobs, as well as representation for some STEM student clubs. We are encouraging organizations to send employees from these areas, not only recruiters.
- All students of all majors are encouraged to attend as we will have a large and diverse group of employers participating. Of roughly 80 companies only about a third or fewer will be in this special section and many may have non-STEM opportunities as well!
Contact the Career Services Center at 360-650-3240 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!
Job and Internship Listings:
Please click HERE to view jobs and internships visiting employers are hiring for!
Make sure to check the on-campus interviews taking place the day after the fair.
Career Fair Preparation Events
Drop-In Resume Clinic
February 6, 2017
3:00 – 5:00 PM
Preparing for a Career Fair
- How to Make Effective Use of a Career Fair
- Blog Post-Making the Most of Career Fairs
- What to Wear
- Keys to Success
- Career Fair Checklist
Alcoa Intalco Works
Barnhart Crane & Rigging
Camp Fire Central Puget Sound
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Cascade Job Corps College and Career Academy
Compass 2 Campus
Consolidated Supply Co.
DigiPen Institute of Technology
Electronic Business Machines
Elite Plastics, a Division of GM Nameplate
Enterprise Holdings Inc.
Farmers Insurance Group
Institute of Technology UW Tacoma
Integra LTC Solutions
Janicki Industries, Inc.
Keller Williams Western Realty
King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks
NAPA Auto Parts
Northeastern University - Seattle
Northwestern Mutual Financial Network
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
PACCAR Technical Center
Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc.
Pacific NW Fertility
Pacific Office Automation
Port of Seattle
Port Townsend Paper Corporation
Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Naval Shipyard
Silver Bay Seafoods, LLC
Skagit County Community Justice Center
Space Needle LLC
Synapse Product Development
Taylor Shellfish Farms
USMC Officer Selection Office Seattle
United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
United States Navy
University of Washington Tacoma - Milgard School of Business
University of Washington Tacoma, MSGT
Vitech, a division of HighJump
Washington State Department of Ecology
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife
Washington State Department of Transportation
Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
Western Washington University MBA
YMCA Camp Orkila
YMCA Camp Seymour
YMCA of Snohomish County
- College to Career Transition
- Resumes, Cover Letters & Portfolios
- Graduate School Advising
- Law School Advising
- Pre-Healthcare Advising