Winter Career Fair 2018
February 8, 2018 11 am to 3 pm Wade King Rec Center MAC Gym
Why you should come!
Whether it is your first quarter at Western or your last, a career fair is an invaluable opportunity to work on networking skills, learn about employers and gather information about internships and jobs. Why go?
- To make a good (or GREAT!) first impression in person
- To get the name and information of a real human at an organization you may want to intern at or work for
- To learn more about employers than you can online
- To learn how real world jobs and internships are not organized by major and explore what students with your degree can do in various organizations
- To be considered for internships or jobs that they may currently have posted (do your research!)
- To practice your networking skills in person with people who interview and make hiring decisions
If there is even one organization or industry you are interested in, you have a reason to go!
The Career Services Center is excited to be including an STEM Section in this year’s Winter Career Fair on February 8th (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math). What does this mean for you?
- There will be a section featuring STEM industry employers or employers with STEM internships or jobs, as well as representation for some STEM student clubs. We are encouraging organizations to send employees from these areas, not only recruiters.
- All students of all majors are encouraged to attend as we will have a large and diverse group of employers participating. Of roughly 80 companies only about a third or fewer will be in this special section and many may have non-STEM opportunities as well!
Contact the Career Services Center at 360-650-3240 or email@example.com if you have questions!
Job and Internship Listings:
Please click HERE to view jobs and internships visiting employers are hiring for!
Make sure to check the on-campus interviews taking place the day after the fair.
Career Fair Preparation Events
- Drop-In Resume Clinic February 6, 2017 3:00 – 5:00 PM HH233
Preparing for a Career Fair
- How to Make Effective Use of a Career Fair
- Blog Post-Making the Most of Career Fairs
- What to Wear
- Keys to Success
- Career Fair Checklist
Alcoa Intalco Works ArcBest Barnhart Crane & Rigging BECU Buckeye International Camp Korey Camp Fire Central Puget Sound CampusPoint Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Cascade Job Corps College and Career Academy Cascade Connections CDK Global City Year Comcast Compass 2 Campus Consolidated Supply Co. Conversica Cray Inc. DigiPen Institute of Technology DIS Corp. DOWS Inc. Electronic Business Machines Elite Plastics, a Division of GM Nameplate Enterprise Holdings Inc. Expeditors Farmers Insurance Group Fast Enterprises Fastenal Company Ferguson Enterprises Gensco Great Floors Homesite Insight Global Institute of Technology UW Tacoma Integra LTC Solutions Janicki Industries, Inc. Keller Williams Western Realty KeyBank King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks Lindquist LLP Lynden Door Motorola Solutions NAPA Auto Parts Northeastern University - Seattle Northwestern Mutual Financial Network Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. PACCAR Technical Center Pacific Capital Resource Group, Inc. Pacific NW Fertility Pacific Office Automation Pacific Seafood Peace Corps PEMCO Insurance Peoples Bank Port of Seattle Port Townsend Paper Corporation Puget Sound Energy Puget Sound Naval Shipyard Rice Insurance SanMar Sherwin-Williams Company Silver Bay Seafoods, LLC Skagit County Community Justice Center Slalom Consulting Space Needle LLC Synapse Product Development Taylor Shellfish Farms TEKsystems Tyler Technologies USMC Officer Selection Office Seattle United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration United States Navy University of Washington Tacoma - Milgard School of Business University of Washington Tacoma, MSGT Urban Teachers Vaupell Plastics Vitech, a division of HighJump Washington State Department of Ecology Washington State Department of Financial Institutions Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife Washington State Department of Transportation Washington State Opportunity Scholarship Western Washington University MBA Westport, L.L.C. YMCA Camp Orkila YMCA Camp Seymour YMCA of Snohomish County