Benefits of Giving
Benefits to Donors
Your gift to the Combined Fund Drive doesn't just help those to whom you give. Consider how your gift also helps you:
"The Combined Fund Drive is an effective way for people to donate. It's pretty easy. It's taken out of your paycheck. You don't really feel it. You don't really notice it. And it gives people an opportunity to make an affordable monthly or one time gift that can do so much good. I just think it's the ease of giving that is such a benefit to all of us."
Maureen Enegren, Executive Director
American Red Cross, Mount Baker Chapter
- Easy. Simply choose either automated payroll deduction or a one-time gift.
- Accessible. You have 24 hour access to your online donor account, allowing you to donate anytime from anywhere in the world.
- Targeted. You choose the contribution amount and the charities receiving your gift.
- Safe. CFD only lists charities that have been screened and approved. And the latest technology is used to encrypt and protect your donation and account details.
- Choice. Give to the causes you are most passionate about by choosing from more than 3,500 approved charities or encourage your favorite charity to register. Your money goes where you want it to. If you give to a cause in Whatcom County, it stays in Whatcom County. If you give to a group working in Central Africa, Louisiana or in your backyard, your donation supports the great work being done in those areas.
- Flexible. With an online account, you can modify your donations at any time based on the changing circumstances of your own life or that of others impacted by unanticipated disasters. In such cases, you can be assured that your dollars will have the greatest impact as they will be going to approved charities.
- Tax deductible. You have one record of all your charity contributions for tax preparation.
- Effortless. By using the payroll deduction option, you can spread your donation out over the entire year making it even easier to support your favorite charities. It only takes minutes to donate!
- Personal. You can make a donation "In Honor of" or "In Memory of" a loved one or you can choose to keep your donation anonymous.
Benefits to Charities
Giving through the Combined Fund Drive can be much more effective than through other methods. Consider:
- Charities save time and money. Fewer staff is needed to process individual donations. Charities save the expense of multiple fundraising campaigns and the staff time dedicated to such initiatives, so that more dollars go directly to service and addressing people's needs.
- Charities can budget. Regular, quarterly distributions allow charities to better forecast their upcoming activities and their expenditures.
- Charities depend on workplace giving. The Combined Fund Drive is one of the largest sources of income for charities. In fact, some charities in our state exist solely through the donations received from the Combined Fund Drive.
Benefits to Communities
Your donations help to achieve stronger, healthier communities locally, nationally, and globally by supporting programs in the following categories:
- Animals and the Environment
- Disaster Relief and Emergency Services
- Health and Medical Research
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
- Education and Literacy
- Hunger and Food Distribution
- Human Services
- International Relief
- CFD Unspecified Fund/Federation Partners
- Children, Youth, and Family Services
- Housing and Homelessness
- Senior Centers and Services
The TIME IS NOW TO MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! Support your community and your world through payroll deduction or a one-time gift.