Mask Making Contest
The CFPA Dean's Office and Community Advisory Board are pleased to announce the 4th annual CFPA Mask Making Contest! Students are encouraged to design and create a mask which will be displayed as part of an exhibition in January, and then auctioned off as a part of the 4th Annual Masked Ball and Auction fundraiser in late February. All proceeds from the auctioned masks will directly benefit student scholarships for the CFPA.
All CFPA students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate, however, only students will be eligible to win the awards. Here are the details:
- Submission Deadline: January 8, 2013 at 4:30pm
- All submissions must be turned in to the CFPA Dean's Office, located in the Performing Arts Center, Room 361
- Submissions must have the name of the artist attached, as well as their contact information and major
Awards will be presented to the top three masks, as chosen by members of the CFPA Community Advisory Board at their meeting on January 10, 2013. The awards are as follows:
- First Place - $200
- Second Place - $100
- Third Place - $50
In order to be eligible for an award, the following criteria must be met:
- All masks must be wearable, with considerations to weight, safety and the ability to see clearly.
- Preference will be given to traditionally designed and constructed masked ball styles.
- The submitted mask will become the property of the college to be auctioned off during an on-line bidding process prior to the Ball and distributed to the winners at the event. (Not all masks may make the final selection as an auction item.)
- Students creating masks for awards consideration may not require minimum purchase prices for the masked ball auction nor a percent of proceeds as part of their submission.
The Masked Ball and Auction will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at the Hotel Bellwether Ballroom.