The goal of the College of Fine and Performing Arts is to nurture a comprehensive understanding of the languages of Movement Art, Visual Art, Theatre Art and Music in order to create thinking artists and artistic thinkers who will shape culture in the 21st century.
To fulfill this mission, the College of Fine and Performing Arts aims:
- To maintain a viable connection with the liberal arts tradition of the university.
- To equip students with the creative and intellectual tools necessary for success in the arts.
- To enable students to value, understand and challenge traditional concepts.
- To maintain an environment that supports diversity, reflection and dedication to creative pursuits.
- To promote critical thinking, innovative ideas and active arts leadership.
- To provide world class and multicultural experiences in the arts for both students and members of the community.
- To prepare students for a dynamic, lifelong relationship with the arts.
The College of Fine and Performing Arts promotes a lifelong relationship with the arts that enhances, challenges and inspires both the individual and the community.