Choral Arts Symposium
July 13-21, 2013
Western Washington University’s College of Fine and Performing Arts and Bellingham Festival of Music are proud to offer a Choral Arts Symposium this summer. Immerse yourself in a nine-day intense study and performance of A Summer Night of Love in Old Vienna, featuring the music of Schubert and Brahms and Verdi’s Te Deum.
- Study with Maestro Vance George, Chorus Director Emeritus of The San Francisco Symphony
- Learn from Maestro Michael Palmer, artistic director of the Bellingham Festival of Music since 1993.
- Perform A Summer Night of Love in Old Vienna, featuring the music of Schubert and Brahms and Verdi’s Te Deum with the Bellingham Festival of Music chorus.
- Participate and observe rehearsal and performance techniques in a refreshing, safe and uplifting environment.
- Meet colleagues and conductors who are performing with choirs and orchestras in the U.S. and Canada.
- Earn three WWU graduate credits or 40 clock hours
Join WWU graduate students, teachers, and college, university and community choral conductors at this exciting summer symposium.