I very rarely get sick but this quarter I have gotten 4 colds so far this quarter. Is there any reason there could be that this is all of the sudden happening?
We've been hearing this quite a bit from some students.
Either this really has been:
- Four separate viruses you've encountered and gotten sick with (rather unlikely)
- One or two viruses that have waxed and waned in how symptomatic you are, so that it feels as if you are getting better, but get worse again
- You have developed some respiratory allergies to dust and mold that make congestion persist
- You have mononucleosis which can last weeks, getting better, then getting worse
- You have a combination of the above along with stress that has suppressed your immune system
If you are having a persisting cough, nasal drainage or facial pressure, continued sore throat, fevers or fatigue, we should check you out. Checking a blood count can be helpful too in determining what white cells are prevalent.
You can call 650-3400 for a same day appointment.