Women's Empowerment and Violence Education (Weave)
These Peer Health Educators offer information, resources, and opportunities to get involved in breaking the silence that masks sexual violence.
The mission of the Women's Empowerment and Violence Education (WEAVE) is to promote and nurture the empowerment and strength of women. We are dedicated to ending all forms of violence through encouraging communication, taking action when violence occurs, and coordinating events that raise campus and community awareness.
- Everyone has the ability to heal and deserves the opportunity to do so. Healing is a process that can include: a) naming the violence, b) learning to cope, and c) empowering yourself and others.
- Relationship violence encompasses a range of physical, emotional, and sexual behaviors.
- Consent means that:
- Both parties are fully conscious.
- Both parties are free to act; neither is coerced or constrained.
- Both parties behave positively and clearly communicate their intent.
- Giving in to sex does not mean giving consent.
- Violence thrives in silence. Speak up.
WEAVE Outreach Programs
WEAVE implements programs and events throughout the academic year to promote our main messages. Programs focus on educating students about violence, PWS resources, and bystander intervention. WEAVE also facilitates events such as Women’s Self-Defense, Gender Mending and Healthy Relationships. Many of our events are co-facilitated by MOVE (Masculinity Outreach and Violence Education). For information about these events or to request an outreach program, please email email@example.com.