Students must apply to become a Communication Studies Major. Instructions regarding this process can be found here .
If a student is accepted into the Major, the student must complete the following requirements in order to complete the Major:
- C- or better in all courses within the Major
- 50 COMM credits total (JOUR 190 counts)
- Speech requirement: COMM 101 or 235
- Library requirement: COMM 235 or LIBR 201
- Core requirement: COMM 220, 398, 498
- Writing requirement: 3 WP COMM courses (including COMM 498)
- 21 total upper division COMM credits minimum (including COMM 398, 498, WP courses)
Note: No more than 6 of the following credits are applicable toward the Major: COMM 236, 300, 339, 400, 436, 450, 451, 459. In addition, no more than 50% of total COMM credits can be transferred from another institution.