Off-Campus Referrals

For Students

The Counseling Center provides short-term individual counseling. For students seeking longer-term counseling, we can assist you by making appropriate off-campus referrals. Just call the Counseling Center and request to speak with our case manager for an off-campus referral. You can also look at our tips for finding a counselor in the community.

If you have health insurance and want to avoid unexpected fees, ask your insurance company this list of questions.

For Private Practitioners

The WWU Counseling Center staff maintains a database of off-campus mental health professionals, information regarding their practices, and their areas of therapeutic specialty. This allows us to refer students to appropriate off-campus resources when their needs are beyond our on-campus (brief counseling) services. If you would like to be included in our referral data base, or if you would like to update information about your practice, please print out and mail in this PDF Referral Form.

Page Updated 07.26.2016