Counseling Center staff members are available to meet with student groups and organizations, academic departments, faculty, or staff to deliver outreach presentations on a variety of mental health topics.
Past presentation topics have included:
- Stress Management
- Coping with Seasonal Depression
- Depression and Suicide
- Eating and Body Image Concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Overview of Counseling Center Services
We welcome requests for other topics, as well.
Request a Presentation
- Organizations interested in having CC present a topic to their group must complete a Presentation Request Form.
- Provide at least two weeks notice.
- Schedule the presentation for at least 30 minutes.
- Advertise the talk such that at least 10 students will be in attendance.
- Usually, we can fill most requests. To increase the likelhood:
- Provide us with options for date and time.
- Notify us very early or very late in the term (off-peak times).
- If you need any additional information, please contact , Psy.D. David Herzog at David.Herzog@wwu.edu or 360-650-3164
Send the completed form by email or campus mail to David Herzog at the Counseling Center. Please be aware that our staff may not be able to accommodate all outreach program requests. Our ability to respond to outreach requests may be impacted by factors such as current demand for services and availability of staff to present on a given topic.