Western's Center for Service-Learning (CSL) provides professional development opportunities for faculty interested in integrating service-learning into a course, or to re-design an existing service-learning course. Selected faculty work with CSL staff to learn how to design community-based projects that meet both course learning objectives and community needs.
- Create or transform a course through the integration of a service-learning component;
- Gain best practices for teaching and learning;
- Form partnerships and supportive teaching and learning networks;
- Reflect, relax, and recharge! through this interactive workshop, which will include dialogue, presentations, demonstrations, reflection, and time to work on your own course materials.
- Attend a 3-part workshop in the fall (dates TBD)
- For additional $500 stipend: submit a brief survey within one week of the retreat and a two-page write-up tracking results of the retreat on student learning within the 2013-2014 academic year.
“A program like this is extremely valuable to becoming a better teacher at WWU. This three day workshop has taught me information that I had not thought of previously. I take with me the importance of assessing, reflecting, bonding and connecting with professors across disciplines, and to continue to believe in keeping the student voice at the center of teaching.” -Faculty Fellows Participant