Human Resources Data Definitions
- EM - External mailing address for off-campus employees
- OF - WWU Office address. Includes department name and mail stop.
- W2 - Address to which the employee's W2 is mailed. This is restricted data.
- Permanent Classified Staff - This
date will match Current Hire date unless:
- An employee has had prior state service with NO break in service and/or
- The employee has leave without pay that exceeds more than 10 working days in a calendar month, excluding cyclic leave and approved workers comp up to 6 months.
- This date drives the accr
ual rates for classified staff and serves as the anniversary date for all permanent employee classes except faculty.
- P - Permanent
- T - Temporary
- C - Casual
- N - None
- Permanent Employees - The date
employee began most current permanent employment with Western. This
date will match the Original Hire date except for when:
- The employee worked previously for Western, terminated, and then rehired, by which the current hire date will become the re-hire date, and/or
- The employee began as a temporary employee and then became a permanent employee by which the date of hire in the permanent position will become the current hire date.
- The date employee began most current temporary employment with Western. This date will match the Original Hire date except for when the employee worked previously for Western, terminated, and then rehired, by which the current hire date will become the re-hire date.
- C1 - Classified Staff; Permanent, Full-Time, Salaried
- C2 - Classified Staff; Permanent, Part-Time, Salaried
- C3 - Classified Staff; Temporary, Hourly
- E1 - Professional Staff; Permanent, Full-Time, Salaried
- E2 - Professional Staff; Permanent, Part-Time, Salaried
- E3 - Professional Staff; Temporary, Hourly
- E4 - Professional Staff; Temporary, Salaried
- E5 - Executive Officer
- F1 - Faculty Permanent, Full-Time 9-10 month, Salaried
- F2 - Faculty Permanent, Part-Time 9-10 month, Salaried
- F3 - Faculty Temporary, Part-Time, Salaried
- F4 - Faculty Temporary, Part-Time, Hourly
- L1 - Librarian; Permanent, Full-Time, Salaried
- L2 - Librarian; Permanent, Part-Time, Salaried
- L3 - Librarian; Temporary, Part-Time, Salaried
- M1 - Americorps
- N1 - Non Employee
- R1 - Supplemental Retirees
- S1 - Student Hourly
- S2 - Student Salaried
- S3 - Graduate TAs & RAs, Salaried
- S4 - Graduate Research Assistant
- S5 - Work Study Student, Hourly
Employee class is the class associated with an individual's employee record. Job class is the class that is associated with a job. Position employee class is the class associated with a position record.
Includes the E5 employee class
- Permanent Staff - This date will match Current Hire date. This date is used for employee awards. Represents all time worked as a permanent staff at WWU. This date will be adjusted if there are breaks in WWU services
- Permanent Faculty and Librarian- This date will match the Current Hire date
- Temporary Employees - This date will match Current Hire date unless, the employee was a prior permanent employee,
Checked or "Y" indicates the position is exempt from overtime.
- AA - Administrative Exemption
- CP - Creative Professional
- CR - Computer Related Occupations
- EX - Executive Exemption
- LP - Learned Professional
- NE - Non-Exempt
- RD - Resident Director
- TR - Teacher/Highly Compensated
- E - Exempt
- N - Not Received
- R - Received
- T - Temporary
- Y - None
- A - Active
- B - Leave without pay with benefits
- L - Leave without pay without benefits
- F - Leave with full pay and benefits
- P - Leave with partial pay and benefits
- T - Terminated
- Permanent Employees - This is the last day a permanent employee worked at WWU. If rehired as a permanent employee, this date will be removed. If rehired as a temporary, this date will remain.
- Temporary Employees - Remains blank unless, the employee was a prior permanent employee.
- COMP - Comp Time Taken
- CSD - Community Service Day
- HOLC - Holiday Comp Taken
- PER - Personal Holiday
- PLV - Personal Leave Day
- SHR - Shared Leave
- SICK - Sick Leave
- VAC - Vacation Leave
- WTR - Winter Break Day
The date employee began employment of any kind with Western. This does not include student employment or non-employee status.
- A "Active" -- Data has been entered for position budget.
- The only status that allows a job to be assigned
- C "Cancelled"
-- Position will no longer be used, however, this status is
revocable and the position may be reactivated if necessary.
- Can NOT have an active job and Cancel the position
- Can NOT assign a job to a Cancelled position
- F "Frozen" -- The intent would be to reactivate the position in the future.
(e.g. Hiring Freeze) If vacant, cannot fill. If filled, cannot
refill if current incumbent vacates.
- Can have an active job and Freeze the position
- Can NOT assign a job to a Frozen position
- I "Inactive"
-- Data has NOT been entered for position budget.
- Can NOT assign a job to an Inactive position
- Permanent Classified Staff - This
date will match the Current Hire date unless: (NO Prior State Service) (See Note)
- An employee has had military service where the date will be adjusted up to a maximum of 5 years, and/or
- Leave with out pay conditions occur on a day-to-day basis, excluding cyclic leave and approved workers comp up to 6 months and military as required by law.
- A Classified Staff changes bargaining units where this date will change as stated below per each Bargaining Unit.
Seniority dates are defined in bargaining unit agreements.
Includes the C3 employee class.
Includes the L3 employee classes.
- Permanent Employees - The termination date may not match the actual employees last day of employment due to late adjustment to the employee’s job. If this happens, this date will be the last day in the pay period. See “Last Day Worked” for the correct last day of employment.