333 32nd St. Bellingham Wa.
98225-0935 tel:360-650-4444 fax:360-650-7323 MS: 1480
BANNER RECEIPT PRINTING SETUP CHECKLIST
There are two Banner receipt printing programs, TGRRCPT and TGRMISC.
Both programs must be defined as separate distinct sleep/wake processes even
though they both print to the same receipt printer.
- Select a name for receipt printer, i.e., pqcashier_01. A real life example is
va655_12, which refers to a bldg (VA) & room number (655) but in retrospect that's
probably not a good naming convention because of the possibility of office relocation.
The name pqcashier_01 will be used in this document.
- IT Desktop Support: Install & Configure Remote Printer Mgr (RPM)
- Connect Ithaca 90 receipt printer (or compatible) to the parallel port of the PC
- Install RPM software on PC, create a queue named pqcashier_01
- Configure RPM to launch at start up and open the queue pqcashier_01
Tech Services: Create Administrative Print Queue
- Create RPM queue pqcashier_01 on Hydra & Blackhole
- Test UNIX printing to RPM queue
- Login into Hydra with SSH
- At UIS: prompt enter 'printer pqcashier_01'
- At UIS: prompt send a test print, i.e., 'lp junk.txt'
Banner Data Custodian: Create User Class Objects
- Create two security objects on GUAOBJS, one for each receipt program:
Banner Data Custodian: Assign Permissions
- On the user class security form GSASECR, grant maintenance permissions to
the user JOBSUBMT for the two objects created on GUAOBJS:
Systems Application Manager: Create Links in banner_mods directory.
- tgrmisc_pqcashier_01 -> /wwu/appl/wwis/general/exe/tgrmisc
- tgrrcpt_ pqcashier_01 -> /wwu/appl/wwis/banner_mods/exe/tgrrcpt
DBA: Modify script that loads Banner sleep wake process table.
- In the script /wwu/oradb/WWIS/start_bg_procs the following lines would be added:
- /wwu/oradb/WWIS/start_tgrmisc pqcashier_01 10 sleep 1
- /wwu/oradb/WWIS/start_tgrrcpt pqcashier_01 10 sleep 1
User: set printer destination for receipts on TOADEST.
Login to Banner and set receipt printing destination to pqcashier_01 on TOADEST:
Viola! Receipt printing should now available on all Banner cashiering forms!
Note - Set up for receipt printing and other sleep/wake processes can be viewed on GJASWPT:
Send comments to:
- revised: 12/19/2009.
ATUS | ADMCS |WWU
ADMCS document: Banner_Recipt_Printing_Setup_Checklist.htm
Send comments to: