Western Washington University
Original Cold Beverage Task Force
In 1998, a university Cold Beverage Task Force was formed to review the potential for additional revenue from a long-term Cold Beverage Contract. The Task Force also worked to secure competitive bids, resulting in a 10-year agreement with Walton Beverage; develop general categories for projects to be funded with the additional Cold Beverage Contract funds; and created a committee structure to make annual recommendations.
Note: The Committee recognized that priorities might change over time, and set in place an ongoing committee to continue to review priorities and make recommendations for funding. Programs already receiving beverage service revenues, including athletics and campus housing/dining services, continue to receive revenue under the new contract.
Faculty and Student Representatives who served on the Original Cold Beverage Task Force included:
- Thomas Downing, representative from the Faculty Senate, Associate Professor of Philosophy
- Sarah Steves, Associated Students President
- Thomas Olney, Associate Professor of Finance, Marketing & Decision Sciences
Cold Beverage Contract Student Committee
(Meets several times each year of the contract)
The Cold Beverage Contract (CBC) Student Committee meets several times each year to propose, evaluate, prioritize, and make recommendations for funding high priority and strategic student programs and projects using available Cold Beverage Contract funds. In 2004, a “Lecture Subcommittee” was formed to review proposals submitted by faculty, staff and students for speakers to be brought to campus.
The Student Committee members use relevant information from other campus and departmental strategic review and funding prioritization processes and make recommendations to the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Services. The Committee Chair (the AS President) tracks programs and projects that have either been suggested or that might be considered by the committee.
2011-2012 members of the CBC Student Committee include:
- Chair: Ethan Glemaker, AS President
- Carly C Roberts, AS Vice President for Activities
- Brett Deardurff, Student-At-Large
- Dr. John Feodorov, Professor - Fairhaven College
- vacant, Enrollment and Student Services representative
- Ex Officio: Kurt Willis, Associate Director of University Residences