NAKAMA 2011Theme: "Renewing Energy, Embracing Change"
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Whatcom Community College
Syre Student Center
Nakama is an opportunity to gather as colleagues to share in professional development, to network, and to restore our energy for a new academic year. The intended outcomes of this year's event are listed below.
- Examine the stages of change and strategies for accepting change.
- Explore your own attitude about change and challenge yourself to embrace the positive aspects of change.
- Look at the role of technology in shaping change in our world.
- Reflect to affirm meaning and purpose to your work.
- Engage with humor and curiosity.
- Identify strategies for sharing these concepts and knowledge in your work with students.
- Network and build relationships with colleagues. .
- Restore and renew your own energy in preparation for the upcoming year.
Front row: Peg Godwin, Dixie Doran, Jamie Harrison, Carolyn Swinburne, Stephanie Zee, Sara Wilson. Back row: Pete Lockhart, Susan Bakse, Lisa Megard, Casey Hayden, Greg Ward.
Not pictured: Kate Gracheck, Marli Williams
As members of the Nakama 2011 Planning Committee, we look forward to sharing the day with you.
Page Updated 05.15.2012