Notetaker Accommodation

Students Eligible for a Notetaker Accommodation

If you are eligible for a notetaker accommodation, request notetakers for all of the classes for which you will need the accommodation before or at the beginning of the term. Once the accommodation is approved, please visit disAbility Resources for Students (OM 120) in order to receive notetaker referral cards. After receiving the notetaker referral cards, you must identify a student notetaker for each course. If you have questions about identifying a notetaker, please contact us and schedule an appointment with your DRS counselor. We have copy cards available for check out in order to facilitate the sharing of notes between the notetaker and the student with the notetaking accommodation.

Student Notetakers

If you have agreed to take notes for a DRS student, please bring the referral card to disAbility Resources for Students (OM 120). Notetakers may choose to either volunteer their time, or be hired as student employees and compensated financially for their services. Notetakers who are hired are subject to Western's rules and regulations for student employment. When you bring your referral card to DRS, our staff will guide you through paperwork and training required of notetakers.

Page Updated 11.22.2017