Grievance Process

Students are encouraged to resolve concerns by first contacting DRS to discuss their issues. It is in everyone's best interest that disputes over reasonable accommodations for students with disAbilities be settled as quickly, and as informally, as possible. Western Washington University also has in place a more formal procedure, whereby students may lodge a complaint or grievance with the Institution.

However, anyone who believes there has been an act of discrimination by the University on the basis of disAbility, against any person or group, may file a complaint with:

Western Washington University Equal Opportunity Services
Old Main 345
Phone Number: (360)650-3307
Washington Relay: 711

US Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
Phone Number: (206)220-7900
TTY: (206)203-7907

Washington State Human Rights Commission
Toll Free Phone Number: 1-800-233-3247 or 1-800-662-2755
Toll Free TTY: 1-800-300-7525

The Equal Opportunity Office at Western Washington University offers campus community members a way to report incidents of bias or discrimination so that the university may observe overall trends and common problem areas. This incident bias report does not serve as a formal complaint to the university:

Western Washington University Incident Bias Report Form

Page Updated 11.22.2017