WesternOnline Faculty Resources
Development and Design
- Discuss departmental needs for online development options with your department chair.
- Meet with Extended Education – WesternOnline to investigation development options.
- Begin course design and development.
- Extended Education will work with your department and college on departmental teaching schedule of courses offered through Extended Education.
- Introduction to Canvas for Faculty - ATUS
- Introduction to Canvas for Faculty
Tools and General Resources
Camtasia Relay [Link to ATUS Information Page]
Used for creating screencasts - recording of your voice over your desktop screen/PowerPoint.
- BigBlueButton - Integrated into Canvas [Link to BigBlueButton Home Page]
Used to deliver simultaneous (synchronous) web conferences. Can be used for office hours, presentations, etc.
- Chico State University: Rubric for Online Instruction
Overview of best practices in online education.
- Blended Learning Toolkit
Open resource guide for preparing online and blended courses.
- Resources for Designing Learning Modules
Western Faculty Resources
- Academic Technology and User Services
- Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment
- Office of the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Education
- Faculty Senate
- Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement - Human Resources
- Western Library
- Creative Commons Resources
- Saylor.org - A collection of open source, creative commons licensed courses.
- CollegeOpenTextbooks.org - Site containing various open source textbooks. To view listing of disciplines click "Open Textbook Content," then "Open Textbooks by Subject."
- KhanAcademy.org - Web site with various educational tutorials, introductory videos, and activities.
- Academic Honesty Resources