The priority application date for fall 2014 is Tuesday, April 1. Applications received after April 1 will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Minimum Requirements for Acceptance
- Admission to Western Washington University*
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on college level work (Cumulative GPAs less than 2.75 may be considered if other application components are strong.)
- Currently a Registered Nurse or in the last year of a pre-licensure associate degree or diploma in nursing program
- Admission to the RN-to-BSN program
- Successful completion of a background check, drug test and immunization documentation. Applicants without a social security number are encouraged to call the HSR Department Manager at (360) 650-7644 for more details.
- Signed RN to BSN Expectations for Academic and Professional Performance.
*Applications to Western and the RN-to-BSN program can be submitted simultaneously; there is no need to wait for acceptance into Western before applying to the RN-to-BSN program.
Step One: Apply to Western Washington University
Complete the Western Washington University Transfer and Post Baccalaureate Application for Extended Education.
Official transcripts from all institutions in sealed envelopes
Admission application fee
- International students IELTS or TOEFL scores (see WWU Admissions website)
Step Two: Apply to the RN to BSN Program
Complete the RN-to-BSN Program Application
- Current resume
- Goal statement essay
- Three professional recommendations
- RN-BSN Expectations for Academic and Professional Performance
- Read Essential Functions for Academic and Professional Performance
- Criminal Conviction Disclosure
- Technology Self-Assessment Statement
Re-Applying: Any applicant who is not accepted to the program must reapply to Western and the program for future consideration.
What Happens After Application to the Program?
Applicants to the program will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of their program application within a few business days of submission. If you do not receive this confirmation, please call (360) 650-7644.
Successful applicants will be offered acceptance into the program via e-mail generally within 60 days of the application deadline. You must respond within a few days to accept your space in the program, as directed at that time.
All applicants will be periodically contacted during the application review process regarding their status. Depending upon the number of qualified applicants and subsequent cancellations, offers may be made to qualified applicants up to the start of class for qualified applicants remaining on the wait list.
A BSN provides:
- A competitive edge in the job market
- Greater employment security
- Increased earning potential
- Career advancement
- Graduate study options for advanced nursing roles
Learn more about the RN-to-BSN program:
Advisement available by appointment or attend one of our info sessions. Contact us to learn more.
(360) 650-6700 or