Designed with working nurses in mind:
- Classes are scheduled one day per week on Western’s campus
- Blended format of regular, face-to-face class sessions and online coursework
- High student-faculty interaction
- Structured to support students' ability to balance school with a busy work, family and personal life
- Five academic quarters to completion
Coursework will focus on enhancing knowledge and skills in:
- Evidence-based practice
- Health care policy
- Patient safety
- Care coordination
- Commitment to social justice
Each fall, students will move through all classes and phases of the program together as a cohort, allowing for lasting personal ties and professional networks that aid in career development and ongoing professional growth.
Through a unique community collaboration involving Peace Health/St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Whatcom Community College, Bellingham Technical College and Skagit Valley College, graduates will be prepared to practice at their full potential, assume leadership roles and advance system changes that promote health communities and safe, quality care for our region.
Western’s RN-to-BSN program will respond to regional needs and advance nursing excellence through an accessible continuum of nursing education. Opportunities for seamless academic progression will allow nurses to develop their full potential through lifelong learning and assume leadership roles, uphold social justice and advance system changes that promote healthy communities and safe, quality healthcare for all.
Fostering Community Relationships and a Culture of Learning that Advance Knowledge, Embrace Diversity, and Promote Social Justice
Western Washington University’s Woodring College of Education is recognized throughout Washington, and beyond, as a leader in the development and implementation of programs that prepare outstanding teachers, from early childhood to adult education; educational administration leaders; human services professionals; and rehabilitation counselors.
A BSN provides:
- A competitive edge in the job market
- Greater employment security
- Increased earning potential
- Career advancement
- Graduate study options for advanced nursing roles
Learn more about the RN-to-BSN program:
Advisement available by appointment or attend one of our info sessions. Contact us to learn more.
(360) 650-6700 or