A Conference Resource for WWU Faculty and Staff!
How do I get started?Planning for a conference or event is time consuming and requires attention to detail.
Start the planning process by contacting Conference Services to assist you in:
- Initiating required university forms and processes [Resources/Forms]
- Outlining a plan for your conference
- Determining the level and types of services you need [Services]
- Consulting with you every step of the way
Questions to consider during this process include:
- Who do I contact to reserve classrooms or other needed space on- and off-campus?
- How do I arrange for food and catering services?
- What about lodging for participants’ on- or off-campus?
- Can participants register online for the conference?
- How do I collect and deposit money for my event or conference?
- I need a web site, registration and publicity materials, is there someone that can help me with that?
- How do I pay bills related to my conference or event?
- Who can help me create, manage and reconcile a conference budget?
- How do I make VIP arrangements – lodging, meals, pay, travel, etc?
- Do I need to be aware of any university and state policies?
- Are there any required forms I need to complete?
- What about parking on campus during the event?
- How do I arrange shuttle transportation to and from the conference venue?
- I need on-site staff support during the conference, who can help me?
- Who do I contact about AV equipment and setup?
- Who can provide and set up event signs?
Leave the details to us, so you can enjoy your event!