You will apply to both Western Washington University (WWU) and to the Computer and Information Systems Security (CISS) Program.
- The full WWU Admission application priority submission deadline is March 1st
- The CISS Program application priority submission deadline is March 1st
*Applications may be accepted beyond March 1st for fall quarter and considered on a space-available basis.
Admission to WWU
- The WWU Admission Transfer and Post Baccalaureate Application for Extended Education can be accessed and submitted online or through a paper registration form.
- You are applying for an “Extended Education Program.” Please refer to the this linked example when filling out your application.
- The non-refundable processing fee is due upon submission of your application.
- An official transcript(s) from each college or university is required for your application to be complete. Students who have attended Washington State community colleges are encouraged to have their transcripts sent electronically.
- Other out-of-state college/university official transcripts can be mailed to:
Office of Admission
516 High Street MS 9009
Bellingham, WA 98225
Admission to the CISS Program
- An earned Associate in Applied Science – Transfer Degree in Cybersecurity from Whatcom Community College
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Submit a completed WWU College of Science and Engineering Computer and Information Systems Security Program Application.
- Submit a one-page Statement of Purpose, explaining why you wish to obtain a BS in Computer and Information Systems Security. Please specify how this relates to your career interest.
- Submit an unofficial transcript from Whatcom Community College
- Submit one letter of reference (faculty preferred) and mail to the address below:
Western Washington University
Attn: Jenny Hebert
516 High Street MS 9102
Bellingham, WA 98225-9102
Interested students are urged to complete their FAFSA by Western's priority financial aid deadline, February 15. Click here for a Financial Aid Checklist.
To learn more about financial aid, alternative aid options, scholarships, or student employment opportunities at Western, please visit the Financial Aid Department website, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (360) 650-7291.