Just for Parents
Western Washington University Youth Programs offers a diverse range of enrichment opportunities for local and international students in grades K-12.
We value the education that your students receive during their time with Youth Programs. Therefore, all courses are taught by Western faculty, certified teachers, trained professionals, and/or pre-service teachers. Our staff will work with and supervise participants at all times for the duration of the program.
To ensure participants have a successful learning experience, and to guarantee the safety, well-being and rights of all participants and the University, rules and regulations will be observed at all times.
Expectation of participants:
- Ability to follow instructions and direction
- Work independently as well as part of a group
- Be accepting and cooperative with others
- Interact in an honest and thoughtful manner
- Possess the emotional maturity to share, communicate and resolve differences with others
Rules and Regulations:
Western reserves the right to dismiss students from Youth Programs due to violations of University and/or individual program rules and regulations without refund. Following are program specific rules:
Western does not offer an on-campus infirmary or trained medical personnel for Youth Programs. Detailed information is included on the registration form under parental consent information.
Lost and Found:
Western is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. Please label your child's belongings to help prevent losses.
Please be aware that participants of Youth Programs may be subject to seeing displays around campus that are specific for college students and may include information with adult content.
For disability accommodations, please contact the program manager at (360) 650-6820. One month advance notice is appreciated.
Western’s Youth Programs are self-sustaining and contingent upon sufficient enrollment.
For information about parking at Western, please note the following options:
- Parking is free after 4:30 p.m. in the gravel lots off of South College Drive (C and 12A lots).
- Parking is available after 4:30 p.m. in various lots on campus for $1/hour payable in the blue self service pay boxes. There are also meters for some individual spaces. Please note: receipts from the pay boxes are not allowed at meters.