Sandwich Boards on Campus
Concerns have been brought before the Central Health and Safety Committee about the use of sandwich boards on campus:
- Signs frequently block pedestrian walkways.
- Signs blow over if not properly constructed and weighted.
- Lack of visibility increases tripping hazard potential.
- Sight-impaired people have difficulty walking around signs.
If you use sandwich boards, the committee suggests:
- Place signs away from pedestrian walkways.
- Keep signs in good repair.
- Weight signs (with sand bags) in windy weather.
- Minimize use in major traffic areas.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these suggestions for a safer campus, please call Environmental Health and Safety at x3064. Questions will be directed to the Central Health and Safety Committee.