If You are an Injured Worker
First, we’re sorry you need this information. The following are the steps you need to take when you have a work-related injury or illness. For any questions on the following please contact the WWU Workers’ Compensation Claims Manager at (360) 650-2947.
- Get treatment, whether on-the-job first aid or from a health care provider.
- Report all work related injuries or illnesses immediately to your supervisor. Complete Step 6 even if no medical treatment is required.
- Tell your health care provider your concern is work related if you seek medical treatment.
- Complete the worker’s portion of the L&I Report of Industrial Injury or Occupational Disease at your provider’s office.
- Bring any work restriction documents from your provider to your supervisor.
- Complete the WWU Accidental Injury/Occupational Illness Report within 24 hours.
- Contact your supervisor once a week if you are off work to update your status.
- Discuss your leave options and time entry with your supervisor.
- Give your supervisor additional documentation from your health care provider for any extension or change of work restrictions.
- Work with the WWU Claims Manager to be sure you are getting necessary treatment.
- Work with your supervisor, your provider, and the WWU Claims Manager to return to work as soon as possible.
- Bring your supervisor a release from your provider when returning after a work related absence.
- Get Well!
For additional information on the above steps as well as on Access to Claim File Information click here.