If You are the Supervisor of an Injured Worker
If one of your employees is injured on the job or develops an industrial illness your help is needed to ensure he or she receives prompt treatment and, if needed, timely processing of his or her L&I claim. Here are the basic steps you need to take.
- Make sure your employee seeks treatment as needed, whether on-the-job first aid or from a medical provider.
- Make sure your employees complete their section of the WWU Accidental Injury/Occupational Illness Report for all work-related injuries or illnesses within 24 hours.
- Tell your employees to let the health care provider know their concern is work related if they seek medical treatment.
- Send any work restriction documents from the employee’s provider to the WWU Claims Manager at MS 9070.
- Complete the supervisor’s portion of the WWU Accidental Injury/Occupational Illness Report. Send the completed form to the WWU Claims Manager as soon as possible.
- Contact employees who are off work once a week to check on their status.
- Discuss leave options and time entry with employees who are off work.
- Get additional provider documentation from the employee for any extension or change of work restrictions. Send a copy to the WWU Claims Manager.
- Work with your employees and the WWU Claims Manager to return them to work as soon as possible.
- Obtain the provider’s written medical release from your employee when he or she returns after a work related absence.
For additional information on the above steps click here.