Winter 2016 Newsletter
Resource Materials from the EO Office
The following materials offer helpful information for individuals and departments across campus:
- A map of gender neutral restrooms on Western’s campus. Gender neutral restrooms can be particularly valuable in providing safe and reasonably accessible places for transgender, non-binary and gender nonconforming students, faculty and staff to use the restroom. They can also be useful to individuals with disabilities who have an attendant of a different gender, and to parents and caregivers who wish to accompany their children into the restroom.
- Equity and Inclusion in Hiring: Best Practices for Faculty and Professional Staff Searches walks hiring authorities and search committees through the search process, offering promising practices to ensure that Western’s searches are fair and equitable and create the best possible opportunity to attract diverse applicants.
- Wallet cards inform members of the campus community of their right to be free from discrimination based on race, color or national origin, and resources and reporting options for people who experience incidents of racial bias. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request copies of the wallet card for your office.
- Posters, flyers, wallet cards and Title IX brochures inform students and employees of their Title IX rights, resources and reporting options. The EO Office asks that departments display a copy of the poster. Please email us at email@example.com to request copies of posters, flyers, wallet cards and brochures for your office.
- Environmental Health and Safety, disAbility Resources for Students, the Equal Opportunity Office, Human Resources, and University Residences provide Emergency Evacuation Guidelines for People with Disabilities. Guidelines for assisting persons with disabilities in an emergency are included.